How Can I Find A Church Home?
Are you considering the idea of joining a church? But you do not know what to look for in a church home? Are you currently a part of a church but something in your heart is telling you, it’s not in the right place for you? Today’s post will help guide you in the right path for selecting a healthy church home.
Let’s begin with addressing the obvious. Every church is not necessarily “a good church” or fit to have their doors open. Unfortunately, there are leaders + churches who have taken advantage of their members. These leaders have sadly lost their way + are no longer being led by God. If this has ever happened to you by any means, I apologize to you. I guarantee there is a place carved out for you to worship Jesus + be spiritually fed. Reflect on Jeremiah 3:15 “And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding".
Be encouraged, my brother or sister. There are still servants who love God + want to see you be the best you can be. I know from personal experience; I would not be the person I am today without my home church—the Pure in Heart Holiness Church. I am extremely thankful for the times the sisters + brothers at my church have poured into me when I was tired, stressed, depressed, + felt like giving up. Regardless of how strong you may be; you need someone to help you + encourage you in this life.
7 benefits you receive for being in your God-ordained church home
- Having a spiritual leader or leaders to guide you on your spiritual walk + help you through different aspects of your life.
- Learning more about your gifts, talents, passions, + purpose through your involvement in the church.
- Frequent interactions with like-minded encouraging individuals who love Jesus + love you.
- The ability to mature spiritually in ways you would not if you lived a secluded Christian life
- Developing real + authentic long lasting friendships.
- More spiritually awareness of the attacks + plans of the enemy.
- Help during unfavorable moments of your life.
Here are things to consider when you start for looking for a church home:
- Are the people loving, sweet, + kind? Do they make you feel welcome when you walk in the doors?
- The church should look like Jesus’ ministry. Are signs + wonders being performed at the church? Are people being healed, delivered, + set free?
- Are they preaching from the Bible? Be weary of preachers who give sermons that fail to align with the Word of God. I call these preachers “Soap Box Preachers”. The sermon is filled with their opinions, morals, biases, + lack scripture.
- Are they teaching + preaching about the Holy Ghost (Holy Spirit)? This is extremely important because in order to be an effective Christian you must have the Holy Ghost living inside of you. “He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed”- Acts 19:2 (KJV).