How can I use prayer to grow my business?
Being a “boss” is not for the weak. When you sign up for the job of being self-employed get ready, because you are doing everything on your own.
PAUSE… Reread the last part of the previous sentence.
YOU ARE DOING EVERYTHING ON YOUR OWN.
Did you read that and shout “I agree” or take a deep breath because it just turned you off from the idea of starting your own business? If so, don’t worry. I have a proven solution to make your life easier as a business owner. Being your own boss comes with choices. You can choose to take the responsibility in your own hands or place your business in more capable hands. Those hands my friend is God. Today, we will talk about using prayer as a part of our business strategy.
I was raised in a Christian home and learned the importance of having a strong prayer life. However, I never realized how effective prayer really was in business until I started my own from my kitchen table about three years ago.
In the beginning, I was happy to get acknowledged for my side hustle. I started out only providing social media management and strategy to newbie business owners looking to leverage their platforms to grow their business. But over time, my excitement turned into frustration. I no longer was passionate about the projects I worked on. The only thing gratifying about the new work was the money. That was not enough. I wanted more. I felt drained and burned out. The only thing that got me out of that entrepreneurial hole was prayer.
Last year, when everyone jumped on the periscope bandwagon, I signed up as well. I stumbled across another young entrepreneur name, Ivan Land Jr. During one of his scopes, he talked about using prayer as a tool to guide your business in the right direction. I have always been the type of person unafraid to try something new. I took his advice. I shared with Him my frustration, lack of inspiration, current failures, and more. God rescued me.
Here are 6 things I pray for I know will help you and your business flourish:
1. Ask God to help keep your mind and help strengthen your body for the work of being a business owner.
2. Ask God to show you the weaknesses of your business and services you should be offering. As I began to pray, God assisted me with my offerings. Now instead of social media management, I provide design services which I am happier doing, make more money, and it’s less stressful.
3. Begin to pray God will send your ideal clients. Then, pray for their vision, mission, and purpose before you even meet them.
4. Before every client meeting, pray for God’s will to be done. Ask for God to download the knowledge you need to conduct the meeting successfully.
5. When you receive client inquiries, ask God to show you prior to contracts being signed if this is a good fit for you. If He shows you it’s not, ask God for wisdom to work it out where you two can go your separate ways peacefully.
6. Ask God to place individuals in your life to help further your business. This can range from God giving you a new mentor or a new friend who knows more about an aspect of business you are weak ranging from: finance and accounting, marketing, or more.
I can go on and on.
Praying for your business will allow you to be more productive and intentional. Being a Christian entrepreneur gives you an added advantage in the marketplace. Don’t be afraid to tap into it. God wants you to excel and He wants to help you. I challenge you to take time daily and pray for your business.